To be honest, after I made a Ballooner prototype a few years ago, I found myself riding it and enjoying it more than any other bike I have ever owned. The very balanced geometry is comfortable and sporty, which allows for a longer, more purposeful ride. Elevated specs, including hydraulic disc brakes and up to 27-speeds, provide a smooth, almost effortless riding experience.
Personally, I am not a big fan of skinny tires. I believe that bigger tires provide for a better and more controlled ride. Studies have proven that in many road conditions quality high volume tires actually have less rolling resistance than skinny tires. In most urban settings, we find ourselves on rougher, less than perfect roads – another situation made better by a wider tire.
All in all, the Ballooner is a real gentleman: humble, polite, elegant and extremely capable. A modern retro-style everyday commuter.
- Shimano Alfine Internal 8-Speed (8I)
- Shimano Acera/Alivio 27-Speed (27D)
- Shimano Altus 24-Speed (24D)
- Available with Shimano Hydraulic Disk Brakes (8I, 27D, 24D)
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame
- CRMO Fork with Investment Cast Lug Crown
- Retro Aluminum Crankset and Pedals
- Double Wall Aluminum Rims
- 26”x 2.35” Balloon Tires (60 TPI)
Women's 8D - $679.00
Women's 24D - $799.00
Women's 27D - $949.00
Women's 8I - $1099.00
Men's 8D - $679.00
Men's 24D - $799.00
Men's 27D - $949.00
Men's 8I - $1099.00